Inspired by its sophisticated predecessor, SMC can now boast an additional ten models to enhance the current Pro Dry range with the addition of the IDW Heatless Desiccant Compressed Air Dryers.
With flow rates from 4 scfm (7 Nm3/h – 1.94 l/s) to 365 scfm (620 Nm3/h – 172 l/s), the entire range can operate at -40ºC (-40ºF) pressure dewpoint as standard, with an option of -70ºC (-100ºF) for more critical applications. The range has been designed and engineered to meet the air purity class in accordance with ISO 8753:1-2001 (E).
The units have an intelligent diagnostic system installed as standard on each model which is bespoke to SMC. Ease of service has been foremost in the design. Each unit can be serviced without disturbing the surrounding pipework. Desiccant cartridges can also be changed out effectively without causing excessive down time.
The compact size of the Pro Dry ensures that installation is simple and versatile. The units can be installed in small spaces in either a vertical or horizontal position.
To complement its vast range of operational features, Pro Dry (models IDW4N-IDW35N) can also be floor or wall mounted. Models IDW4N-IDW35N have multiple porting options, with a total of six inlet/outlet connections and many pipework possibilities.
- Economical to Use – SMC high performance dryers provide a host of financial benefits such as an integral electronic drain and service interval indication, all of which are included in the standard dryer package.
- Clean & Dry Air – With XA grade 0.01 micron oil removal filtration (supplied as standard on models IDW4N-IDW35N), an integral 1 micron dust filter and a choice of -40ºC (-40ºF) or -70ºC (-100ºF) pressure dewpoints, Pro Dry meets and exceeds the highest standards of purity as specified in ISO 8573:1-2001.
- Worldwide Installation – The units can recognize any voltage between 100-240 VAC and also any voltage between 12 to 24 VDC, meaning the Pro Dry can be operated anywhere in the world.
- Intelligent Processor – All dryers are built to be fully compliant with all approvals. A feature of each unit is an intelligent in-built central processing unit (CPU). The optional software interface package provides a sophisticated system which allows for remote interrogation of the dryer. The CPU is serialised and is housed in an IP65 rated enclosure.
- Energy Management – Pro Dry offers a multitude of additional energy saving features, which allows the dryer to be linked with a compressor control system and reduces air consumption during periods of low demand.
- Condensate Management – Condensate management is essential to maximise dryer efficiency. Pro Dry is supplied with an integral electronic drain valve which is operated and controlled by the CPU. This drain valve opens at the end of every cycle when an indicator illuminates and the CPU checks for any sign of malfunction in the dryer. Operation of the unit is viewed by the diagnostic control panel located on the front of each unit.
- Desiccant Cartidges – An improved desiccant cartridge design with integral handle facilitates a simple and clean change out procedure.