Red Lion adds Gigabit Power Over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) injectors to its industrial networking portfolio with the availability of the new N-Tron series 1000-POE+. This small form-factor PoE+ power injector is ideal for deployment in oil and gas, water/wastewater, utility, transportation, mining and factory environments.
Providing up to 30 watts of output power and a wider operating temperature range than many competitive offerings, the 1000-POE+ injectors enable users to conserve wiring space and cost while ensuring reliable operation in extreme locations.
“Factories and other industrial sites need ways to add new technology without disrupting existing networks,” said Harry Forbes, senior analyst at ARC Advisory Group. “Industrially hardened products like Red Lion’s N-Tron series POE+ injectors allow administrators to easily add new IEEE 802.3at devices and take advantage of Gigabit Ethernet speed, which provides insurance against obsolescence.”
The 1000-POE+ is a plug-and-play, unmanaged injector designed to enhance the performance of industrial PoE devices. With a single industrial Gigabit Ethernet port for connectivity to any IEEE 802.3af/at-compliant hardware, the 1000-POE+ is ideal for such applications as security cameras, panel displays and wireless access points.
“Gigabit Ethernet is quickly becoming the standard in industrial networking, as more video applications, sensors and other devices require faster, higher-volume voice, video and data transfer,” said Diane Davis, director of product management, networking at Red Lion Controls. “The combination of PoE+ and Gigabit makes our new N-Tron 1000-POE+ injectors particularly useful for video camera and other applications requiring high-speed communications without needing to run separate power cables.”
- Rugged compact design: perfect for space-constrained applications
- Extended environmental specifications: -40° to 80° Celsius operating temperature guarantees reliability in the most extreme locations
- Redundant power inputs: 10-30 VDC keeps PoE devices online in the event of a power supply failure
- LED status indicators: quick, at-a-glance visual indicators ensure power and connectivity status
- Hardened metal DIN-rail enclosure: built to support industrial rugged standards for outdoor use
For more information about Red Lion’s N-Tron series Gigabit 1000-POE+ injectors, visit www.redlion.net/1000POE+.
Red Lion 1000-POE+
Red Lion Technical Datasheets