Cabinet builders and panel shops require simple, low-cost methods to route cables through enclosures. For this reason, Phoenix Contact has expanded its existing portfolio to include even more thead sizes in metric, PG and NPT. All types are now available in polyamide or nickel-plated brass material. Additionally, stainless steel types are now offered for very harsh and corrosive environments.
Among the most exciting additions are the cable glands and accessories for hazardous locations. Phoenix Contact now offers both stainless steel and nickel brass glands with ATEX and IEC Ex certification for systems/equipment in explosive atmospheres. They can be used in combination with armored cable or braided loom, which are both common in harsh environments. Accessories such as breather drains and plugs are necessary to prevent condensation and provide ventilation from inside the enclosure to the outside environment.
- Polyamide glands rated for -30° to +80°C and IP68 protection
- Nickel-plated brass glands rated for -40° to +100°C and IP68/69k protection
- Stainless steel glands rated for -60° to +130°C and IP66/67/68 protection
- All metal glands suitable for jacketed cable, armored cable and braided loom
- Compatible with standard Phoenix Contact cable protection products