The FL mGuard product line from Phoenix Contact gives you rugged, industrially rated security devices that include firewall, routing, and optional VPN functionality for industrial networks. These high-level, Layer-3 functions are essential for protecting your industrial network, connecting to office or enterprise networks, and for remote VPN support – either point to point or using the award-winning mGuard Secure Cloud service..
These new security appliances combine the powerful new mGuard hardware platform with the reliable mGuard 8.x firmware. Adding the integration of 5-port unmanaged switch (in the RS2005) or a 4-port managed switch (in the RS4004) respectively, the new mGuards providing cost savings by integrating the switch hardware and simplify connecting to a number of end-devices as well as expanding the use cases with a DMZ port. The RS2005 integrates a 5-port unmanaged Ethernet switch, with automatic detection of data transmission speed of 10 or 100 Mbps (RJ45) and auto-crossing function. This is the equivalent of adding an FL SFNB 5TX unmanaged switch right into the mGuard.
The RS4004 integrates a 4-port managed switch enabling a flexible and cost-effective option for multiport security applications in Ethernet networks. Managed switch functionality includes port mirroring, multicast filtering and querier and VLAN support. Please note, the mGuard RS4004 does not support STP, RSTP or Fast Ring layer 2 redundancy.
- mGuard powerful 8.x firmware
- Integrated 4-port managed and 5-port unmanaged switches
- Dedicated DMZ port adding an independent third interface to the mGuard functionality
- RJ45 ports support a transmission speed of 10/100 Mbps
- Quality of Service (QoS)-prioritized messages
- High data throughput for VPN and firewall
- As an option, 10 VPN tunnels up to 250 tunnels, IPsec (IETF) standard
- Configurable stateful inspection firewall with full scope of functions
- Standard routing, NAT, 1:1 NAT, port forwarding
- Optional Common Internet File System (CIFS) Integrity Monitoring
- Front-side SD card slot for easier configuration management
- Extended temperature range of -20°C to 60°C
- Web-based, Command Line interface (SSH) or SNMP v1,2,3 for configuration management
- Size: 45 mm x 130 mm x 114 mm (W x H x D)