The Cyber Security capability of Schneider Electric’s Modicon M580 ePAC extends to the new BME NOC Ethernet communication modules. The M580 BMENOC0301 and BMENOC0311 Ethernet modules utilize the M580’s Ethernet Backplane and provide increased security features and improved robustness. These new Ethernet modules integrate with the security features of the M580 PAC as part of a total system. Like the Modicon M580 ePAC, the BME NOC Ethernet modules are also Achilles Level 2 certified.
Achilles Level 2 is: A certification by the Wurldtech company. A detailed examination of the Ethernet, ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP and UDP implementations. One of the most recognized standard today (similar to ISA Secure CRT).
Achilles Level 2 demonstrates device robustness against a pre-defined set of tests, and that high-rate and malformed traffic is not likely to stop it. These BMENOC Ethernet modules are confirmed to be robust under both extreme and common conditions.
Additional Cyber Security capabilities as part of the Modicon PAC offering:
- Prevent unauthorized network device access using Access Control list (ACL) to restrict access to the Ethernet communication module in its role as either a Modbus TCP or EtherNet/IP server. User specifies the IP addresses of these devices allowed to communicate with the module.
- ACL Configuration done in Unity Pro programming software.
- ACL Setting can be modified online (without the need to stop the PLC).
- Any changes in PAC program or configuration can be password protected at PAC level.
- Remote PLC RUN/STOP setting can be controlled by an internal bit.
- Memory Protect bit can be set to prevent any changes in the PAC.
- For the Modicon M580 ePAC, the firmware is now encrypted using AES256 algorithm. The encryption verifies the integrity of the firmware before loading it.