SMC Pneumatics’ JXC*1 is a single axis controller for their LE series 24VDC step motors compatible with several fieldbus protocols including Ethernet/IP fieldbus. Actuator motors can be operated by calling a line of step data or by direct numerical instruction, each possible over the network. Futher fieldbus compatible functions include return to origin, alarm outputs and resets, parameter setup, status monitoring, and trial runs.
- Communication protocols include EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP and DeviceNet.
- Operation command can be done using the preset step data in the controller or using position/speed values from the PLC.
- Current speed, current position, alarm codes and other numerical information can be monitored on the PLC.
- Two communication ports are provided, with transition wiring possible for the DeviceNet version using a branch connector.
- Both air and electric systems can be established under the same protocol.