E-T-A Circuit Breakers is pleased to announce its new MPR10 bistable electromechanical power relay specifically designed for switching high current loads and disconnecting the battery from on-board electrical systems in commercial vehicles, construction equipment, agricultural equipment and special vehicles.
Below you will find the positioning and targeting information to sell the MPR10 Bistable Electromechanical Power Relay into the market.
This device offers:
- Reduced vehicle weight
- Increased vehicle reliability
- Direct and easy replacement of existing relays
What does this mean to you?
- Reduced vehicle weight: The MPR10 is made of fiber-reinforced plastic and is 50% lighter than standard relays – making it the lightest water-proof and dust-proof relay on the market.
- Increased vehicle reliability: The dielectric strength of the MPR10 makes it insusceptible to overvoltage peaks that commonly occur when switching inductive loads in an on-board electrical system – ultimately increasing the life of the relay and your equipment.
- Direct and easy replacement of existing relays: The MPR10 has the same mounting dimensions and connection technology as standard relays.
Targets: Transportation Industry
- Agriculture equipment
- Construction equipment
- Special Vehicles
Specific applications in the transportation industry:
- Switching of high current loads in agriculture equipment, construction equipment, trucks, buses, special vehicles (firetrucks, ambulances, etc). Including:
- Motors and drives
- Battery isolation switches (dual battery system)
- Main switch (directly at the battery, onboard electrical system)
- Special signaling systems (flashing blue lights, sirens)
- Lighting (head lights, interior lights, etc)
- Trailer electrical systems (refrigerator bodies, platforms, etc)
- Air conditioning systems
How to differentiate and promote the MPR10 compared to other offerings in the market?
- Lightest water-proof and dust-proof power relay on the market
- 50% lighter than standard relays on the market
- Breadth of product line offered by E-T-A – one source for circuit breakers, solid state relays, power relays, custom power management systems and beyond.
- These products will not have mass market appeal. TRA team to identify cost and niche applications that will see value for the MPR10
- Direct Competition: White Rogers/Kissling/TE Connectivity/Shallco
- Bistable electromechanical power relay
- Suitable for 12 and 24 V system voltages
- Ability to switch or carry continuous loads up to 300 A
- Degree of protection IP6K9K (housing) – polyamide housing (PA66) and aerospace grade epoxies
- Corrosion proof stainless steal hardware
- Same mounting dimensions and connection technology as competitive products in the market – for added flexibility other mounting methods are also available for use in new designs.