Banner Engineering’s newest addition to the popular QS18 Series product family is an electronic adjustable field background suppression sensor with barrel mount. Electronic adjustment provides a more robust optical design by eliminating moving parts, such as lenses. The industry standard housing provides simple and consistent installation and bracket standardization.
- Adjust Background Suppression Limits Electronically: The new QS18 uses a photodiode array that allows sensing ranges to be adjusted with a potentiometer, or remotely via IO-Link. The array replaces traditional mechanical lenses for more robust sensing in high-vibration applications.
- Standard Housing: The QS18 electronic adjustable field sensor uses industry standard barrel mount housing for easy installation into new or existing applications.
- IO-Link Compatible: IO-Link communication allows operators to remotely teach the setpoint and lock the potentiometer for added flexibility and ease of use.
- Two Different Versions for Best Application Performance: The new sensors come in both a 250 mm maximum range model and a 120 mm maximum range model.
- 250 mm is optimized for higher excess gain and long distances
- 120 mm is optimized with a smaller, rectangular spot size for better performance on targets with many color transitions
Banner Engineering QS18 Press Release