Phoenix Contact’s QUINT POWER now offers a single device solution approved for functional safety applications up to SIL 3. The strict safety requirements of SIL 3 are associated with a low probability that a system will fail to preform properly. We have designed a fully loaded QUINT 20+ power supply with an integrated decoupling MOSFET to meet rigorous SIL 3 safety regulations without the need of any external components.
The new QUINT 20+ power supply introduces a single, conformally coated device solution with ATEX, IEC 61508, and IEC 61511 approvals, allowing the power supply to be mounted within potentially explosive areas (Zone 2). The safety function limits the output voltage to 30 V DC. If the voltage rises above 30 V DC, the device will switch off within 20 milliseconds (ms), creating a safe state of no output voltage. Designed with an integrated decoupling MOSFET the QUINT 20+ has a Hardware Fault Tolerance (HFT) = 1.
- Conformal coated and ATEX/IECEx/Class I, Div. 2 approval
- SIL 3 certification in accordance with IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Hardware Fault Tolerance =1
- Integrated decoupling MOSFET
- Easy system expansion with static and dynamic power boost
- Selective fuse breaking (SFB) technology
- Configurable signal monitoring using
- Real-time monitoring capabilities using the analog contact
- Wide temperature ranging from -40°C to +75°C
Phoenix Contact IE Power Supplies QUINT 4 20 with LLW Press Release
Phoenix Contact Technical Datasheets