Banner Engineering LM80 sensors are now available in an even more precise model that features a 0.002 mm analog resolution at a range of 40-80 mm. The new LM80 model also features a smaller spot size (less than 1 mm at all measurement ranges) to detect even smaller features and take more measurements over the face of the target for even more precise profiling.
- High Performance in Real-World Conditions: LM sensors repeatably measure real-world targets with varying colors and reflectivity. In addition, LM sensors feature a thermally stable design that resists temperature changes, as well as enhanced mounting stability, for high accuracy in the toughest environments. The new LM80 has a temperature effect of +/-0.006 mm/°C. This is imperative for high precision applications since even a few degrees of temperature change can cause other sensors’ measurement error to double.
- Reliability at High Speeds: Featuring a fast 0.5 ms response speed and 0.25 ms sampling rate, LM sensors reliably solve high-speed applications with fast-moving targets.
- IO-Link Communication to Support the Smart Factory and IIoT: With IO-Link communication, users can remotely monitor sensor performance, easily identify and analyze trends in inspection results, and predict when maintenance is needed so that problems like a dirty lens can be resolved before sensor failure.
- An All-in-One Device: LM sensors provide discrete, analog, and IO-Link capabilities all in one device, which enables flexibility and reduces inventory requirements.
- Quick Setup and Replacement: LM sensors can be programmed via IO-Link or an optional Remote Sensor Display (RSD). The RSD remote display enables remote setup and monitoring, and it stores up to 6 configurations to facilitate product changeover and simplify device replacement. The RSD can remain in-line to easily monitor sensors in difficult-to-reach locations, or it can be removed after configuration.
Banner Engineering LM80 Sensor Datasheet