The R58B Expert Registration Mark Sensors from Banner Engineering provide the same high-performance registration mark detection of the R58E, but the new R58B provides a simplified teach process. The R58B registration mark sensor reduces complexity and increases speed of teaching the mark and the background, and reduces operator training and product change over time.
- Ultra-fast 10 kHZ switching frequency
- Sensor automatically selects red, green, or blue LED during TEACH to optimize application contrast
- Selected color is indicated on the user interface, and customer specified color can be set from push buttons or PLC compatible remote input.
- Outstanding color contrast sensitivity; detects 16 levels of gray scale
- Provides 11 status LED’s to indicate sensor configuration and currently selected emitter color
- Remote teach interface has been streamlined to enable more convenient sensor configuration and teaching via a PLC
- Smart gain-control algorithm to maximize performance in low-contrast or high-gloss applications
- Fast TEACH via single-click on the TEACH push-button or remote input
- TEACH button can be temporarily deactivated by putting the sensor into RUN mode, or all buttons can be locked out via the remote interface wire
- Sensor configuration options are easily changed via push-buttons or PLC compatible remote input
- Fixed-convergent sensing at 10 mm ± 3mm (0.39” ± 0.12”); rectangular sensing image measure 1.2 mm x 3.8 mm (0.05” x 0.15”) at 10 mm (0.39”) from the lens
- Models available with either parallel or perpendicular sensing image (see Models)
- Rugged zinc alloy die-cast housing with high-quality acrylic lens suitable for food processing applications; rated IP67
- Models available with integral quick disconnect or Euro-style quick-disconnect pigtail