The new Heavycon single module plastic housing from Phoenix Contact allows any single wide module from the HEAVYCON modular series to be mounted internally. The housing enclosure provides IP65 protection, strain relief and quick, snap-locking tabs for easy housing connection. The cutout for the panel-mounting base uses the same dimensions as the standard A10 series.
Additionally, coding pins are available to prevent the mis-mating of connectors when more than one connector solution is being used side-by-side. For high-current applications, the ground wire must be carried through the housing using the number 1 position of the module. To further indicate the application of a high-current connection, the housing marked PE (ground) should be used.
- Smaller housing than B series
- No need for a retaining frame
- Integrated cable gland
- IP65 protection
- Quick snap-lock tabs
- Coding pins
- Lower cost connector solution for applications requiring only a single modular insert
- Fewer parts are needed to make the connector BOM, reducing both connector and inventory costs
- Water and dust-tight connection with strain relief is ideal for both industrial and device connections
- Coding pins prevent against the mis-mating of identical plugs mounted side-by-side
- Offers an extremely small form factor for connecting up to 70 amps of power, 25 positions of signal, as well as D-sub, coax, and even pneumatics